TIFF Investment Management (TIFF) has a near 30-year history as a non-profit investment manager serving only non-profits with over 60 professionals, including a 19-person dedicated investment team modeled after the largest endowment offices. TIFF’s scale provides access to leading asset managers across all investment disciplines.
Other key features include:
Attractive partner to investment managers
- All underlying capital is from non-profit organizations with long-term time horizons
- History of adding to investments after periods of underperformance
- Over 20-year history of investing in an OCIO style with an emphasis on manager research
Sourcing and due diligence process
- Key TIFF senior investors were responsible for security selection earlier in careers
- TIFF partners with highly sourced emerging managers
- The TIFF Board is an outstanding source of ideas and feedback about the portfolio
Incentives aligned with clients
- TIFF investment team compensation is materially impacted by investment performance
- All senior staffers have deferred compensation invested alongside clients’ investments
- TIFF has no equity owners; benefits of scale shared with clients
Hamilton Lane is one of the largest private markets investment firms globally, providing innovative solutions to institutional and private wealth investors around the world. Dedicated exclusively to private markets investing for more than 30 years, the firm employs 575+ professionals in 21 global offices with approximately $107 billion in discretionary assets under management and oversight of an additional $717 billion in advisory assets, as of September 30, 2022.
Hamilton Lane’s customizable suite of services and solutions creates flexibility to help meet the strategic objectives and investment goals of an investor’s profile, whether a client is new to the asset class or a mature private markets investor. The firm’s dedicated global relationship management and client service teams leverage the entire Hamilton Lane platform to align their expertise with their clients’ needs and help to achieve their investment goals. In doing so, they provide a wide array of discretionary and non-discretionary services tailored to address the needs of their clients, including strategic portfolio planning, due diligence, legal, monitoring and reporting, board presentations, performance analysis and benchmarking.
In order to ensure broad market knowledge and access, Hamilton Lane has amassed critical resources to help provide a full-service private markets suite to their clients and investors.
- Global market coverage on a local level, including managers and clients
- Recognition as one of the largest allocators of private markets capital
- Extensive and high-quality deal flow from the broad Hamilton Lane network
- Substantial capital investment capacity for subsequent fundraising
- Significant resources including 100+ dedicated investment professionals and an experienced Investment Committee
- Broad and expansive platform and organization, bringing substantial resources and experience